Friday, October 30, 2009
Offered: Tues/Thurs from 2:30 to 3:50 p.m.
Prerequisite: 2nd Semester Freshman or beyond
Course Code: 36171
You must enter the code for this course in the ‘Express Registration’ section of the registration process. The course prefix is PSY, the course number is 4913, and the section is 01.
For questions or more information, please call Peter Varnau (Career Counselor and Course Instructor) at 940-898-2972.
Thursday, October 22, 2009
Wednesday, November 4
- Position: - Retail Management Trainee (opportunities available nationwide)
- Duties: Work one-on-one with experienced store managers, spending time in each department learning to manage the day-to-day store operations.
- Requirements – Prefer college degree (all majors considered) and retail experience
- To Apply – To be considered for a campus interview, email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, October 28 (include Walgreens campus interviews in the subject line)
The Career Services Office will host its Fall Professional Career Expo on Wednesday, October 28 from 1 – 4 p.m. in Hubbard Hall South. Over 30 employers have registered thus far. The following is a list of some of the employers as well as majors that they are seeking:
- Childcare Careers (ECE)
- AAFES (Business, Technology, Hospitality/Food)
- Dallas ISD Alternative Certification (All Majors)
- Defense Contract Audit Agency (Accounting)
- Health Management Systems (Business)
- JPS Health Network (Medical Technology, Pre-Pharmacy, Pre-PT, Psychology)
- Kelly Scientific Resources (Food Science, Chemistry, Biology, Food & Nutrition in Business & Industry)
- Northwestern Mutual Financial Network – Dallas (All Majors)
- Texas Department of Family & Protective Services (Social Work, Sociology, Psychology, Family Studies)
- USAA (Computer Science)
Visit www.twu.edu/career-services/career-day-events.asp for a complete list of the participating employers.
If you have any questions, please contact Sherri Williams, Assistant Director of Career Services at SWilliams@twu.edu or 940.898.2953.