Friday, May 4, 2007

Introducing - Me


As I said yesterday, I want to start things off with office introductions. I'd thought I'd start with myself. My name is Allison and I am the Coordinator of DE (Distance Education)Communication. I've been here for 2 1/2 years. I came to this area to attend graduate school at the University of North Texas, which is also in Denton. I finished up in December (yea!) and graduated with a Master's of Journalism degree. I earned my undergraduate degree in Communications from Tarleton State University - Go Texans!

This is a more "professional" picture of me and I really don't feel it portrays my true personality. I'm a little more animated than this picture portrays.

My favorite websites are Google and Dictionary.com. Having a Journalism degree does not guarantee one a large vocabulary so that last website comes in handy quite a bit.

My hobbies include cooking, anything creative or crafty, church activities and hanging out with my family and friends. I LOVE movies, my favorite one of all time being The Sound of Music.

To summarize what I do, I come up with communication plans for any internal, university-wide communications (announcements, event sign-ups, PR, etc.) as it pertains to distance learners and faculty who use our online tool - Blackboard. My favorite part of my job is helping people who call me in need of something and knowing that when I get off the phone with them or leave their office, I have solved their problem.