Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Introducing - Lynda


My name is Lynda, and I’m the Director of Distance Education. I coordinate TWU’s distance education activities and work with all of the wonderful people listed below. I was hired by the TWU Graduate School in 1993. Before that, I worked for 10 years at Navarro College in student services and served as an adjunct instructor in their fine arts program.

I started working with TWU’s distance education program in 1994 when it was coordinated by the Dean of the Graduate School, my supervisor. In 2000, TWU’s distance education unit was officially moved from the Graduate School to the Office of Lifelong Learning, where it remains today. Our DE program, which began with approximately 200 students in 1994, has grown dramatically. We now have around 5,000 students who enroll in our online courses each semester.

My favorite website is Google.com—I google everything! I love electronic “toys” like cell phones, PDA’s, iPods, etc., and I’m addicted to surfing on the Internet. I’m fond of 18th century music, but I’m also a huge Beatles fan. I have a feline companion named Missy, who will turn 17 in September.