Friday, May 25, 2007

Introducing - Julie


Howdy ya’ll! My name is Julie and I am a born and raised Texan. I do not consider myself too ‘country’ although my co-workers do make fun of me for eattin’ my southern grits for breakfast. I have worked at TWU in the Office of Lifelong Learning for 2 years now and have recently become the Senior Administrative Assistant in our office.

I am not a computer geek and will not try to impress you with tools and systems that I know (you probably know more than I do). I do however love to talk to people and I hope that has been a helpful trait to doing my job efficiently. I primarily interact with students either by email or live chat sessions to provide answers, resources and contact information. I am also the ‘paper nazi’ in the office and have been trying to get as much paper as possible recycled from our department.

I moved to Denton for school but plan to stay for a while after getting my degree. I love the talent and art that comes from the diverse group of people that live here and I also enjoy the laid back but spunky atmosphere. I enjoy (but absolutely do not pledge perfection at) golf, pottery, swimming, photography, biking (I have been trying to enlist Keith as my trainer for my next race) among all the other random pastimes that I get myself into and decide are my new favorites.