Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Introducing - Alli


Hi, I’m Alli (full name Allison). Yes, sometimes (many times) Allison and I get each other’s phone calls and messages, but we are both flexible, so it hasn’t been a problem. ;) I, like Keith, work primarily with faculty. My job title has change a couple of times, but I have been assisting faculty with their online courses since December 2003. Before working for Lifelong Learning, I worked at the library at TWU. Even then, I was still working in Distance Education. I helped online faculty with their reading lists and distance students with their research and article requests. I have a Master’s degree in Library Science from TWU.

I am not a native Texan, in fact, I never meant to stay. I moved to Denton to work on my master’s degree (the program is completely online now!). I meet a local boy, who wouldn’t live anywhere else, we got married, and here I am. I was an army brat, used to moving around a lot, but I like it here, so I am happy to stay.

I’m a techno geek, so anything to do with new gadgets and gizmos is of interest to me. I’m one of those people who was impatiently waiting for the release of Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows Vista. I always want the latest tech toys. My cell phone is a RAZR, my PDA is a LifeDrive and I have an Apple iPod Nano (red), which I justified the purchase of because it is 8 GB where my iPod Mini (pink) was only 4 GB. I’m currently test driving an IBM Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet PC. It has both a keyboard and a slate, and it is really light weight.

Other than exploring the latest technology, I am an avid reader. You rarely find me without a book. I tend to lean towards romance novels and science fiction/fantasy with a romantic twist. I also enjoy playing the Sims 2 and City of Heroes. It must have something to do with controlling the lives of others!

Enjoy your time at TWU!
Alli